Update: This method DOESN’T WORK ON IOS 5 BETA 2. Read this instead!
This method will let you upgrade but you need to follow this guide to downgrade. If you’ve downgraded and found that it was in a recovery loop, read this. Please save your SHSH Blobs first before proceeding. [If you upgraded to iOS 5 when you're on iOS 4.3.3, you do not need to save your SHSH Blobs because Apple is still signing it. But it is a good practice.] This will guarantee your downgrade. [However, Anyone who wants to unlock their iPhone, do not do this. Plus the iPad 2 Wifi+3G is NOT downgradable using this method.] When asked whether an iDevice will be fully functional, he replied that users may encounter some problems.
Because iPad owners don’t have the option to turn on weather nor the stocks bar in the Notification Center, this method will not work on the iPad
I am not responsible for what you do to your iDevice. Proceed at your own risk!
This will ONLY WORK on iOS 5 Beta 1
This backdoor was not discovered by me. It was discovered by a Gizmodo’s reader and an Apple lover – Mert Erdir. Everybody can do this because of it’s extremely simple instructions. However, readers must follow exactly as this guide says or your iDevice may be rendered useless unless you downgrade back to iOS 4.
- Download the iOS 5 Beta 1 IPSW file from the web. [I will not tell you where to download. Just asked your best friend - google]
- Open ‘iTunes’ on your Mac or Windows.
- Hold the ‘Option’ key and click ‘Check For Update’ [If you're using Windows, hold shift instead.]
- select the iOS 5 IPSW file.
- Wait until the upgrading process is completed.
- You will see the new activation screen
- Triple tap the HomeButton. This will activate the Voice Over.
- Triple Tap the HomeButton again and the ‘Emergency Call’ will appear.
- Click on Emergency Call [Twice because of the voice over] and while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down [Starting from the status bar.]
- The notification Center will appear.
- Click on the Weather Widget [Twice again] and the weather app will load.
- Click the HomeButton once to exit to the iPhone’s HomeScreen.
To Remove the Voice Over, do this [Remember to click everything twice. Tapping it once will make the iDevice speak out loud.]
- Click ‘Settings’
- Press ‘General’
- Scroll down and Select ‘Accessibility’
- Choose ‘VoiceOver’ and turn it off.
My will is not to do something harmful to anyone. I just wanted to get the attention of Apple, the company I’m in love with and maybe one day have a chance to talk to/meet Steve Jobs himself. You can reach me on Twitter for further questions.I found this because i don’t have much cash to get an iOS Developer account, so donation for a young developer will be appreciated. They can be made on my blog (Not in english). You’ll see the PayPal ‘Donate’ button on the right. Thanks!